Loss of teeth for one reason or another - this is a stressful situation for a person both in the moral and in the physical aspect. The absence of even one tooth leads to subsequent deformation of the dentition, causes a gradual displacement of adjacent and opposite teeth and, as a consequence, changes in the bite and the condition of the whole dentition.
The loss of the central teeth disrupts the aesthetics of the face, which causes certain complexes, affects the mood and self-esteem of a person.
Chewing teeth are considered by many to be secondary in principle: they are not visible, they are often tightened with their prosthetics and aggravate the problem.
Why is it necessary to timely dental implantation?
during chewing, the load on the remaining teeth increases, which leads to abrasion and their destruction.
causes the movement of opposing teeth (antagonists), changes in occlusion, changes in the temporomandibular joints - the most sensitive and functional, which leads to general disorders of the body (joint pains, headaches, and chewing difficulties).
the pronunciation of sounds is violated and speech changes.
the chewing efficiency decreases and as a result the work of the gastrointestinal tract is disrupted, the metabolic processes and immunity worsen.
the aesthetics of the face change, wrinkles appear, the height of the lower third of the face is disturbed, which leads to a change in the appearance of the face and aging.
the self-esteem is reduced and the social status of a person is violated.
1) Prosthetics with the participation of both the support of neighboring teeth, the so-called bridges, as well as the replacement of missing teeth with removable dentures, as well as resting on the remaining teeth.
2) Implantation is a more effective method of restoring the root of the tooth by placing a special implant into the bone tissue in the area of the missing root of the tooth.
Modern implants in dentistry are special, made of titanium, devices that are designed taking into account the peculiarity of the bone tissue of the jaw. Titanium is not only inert to the human body, but also has an amazing feature of engraftment in bone tissue.
1) The implantologist assesses the condition of the bone tissue in the implantation area, interrogates the patient and assesses the general condition of the organism and identifies risk factors and contraindications for this procedure.
2) The therapist-dentist conducts the sanation of all teeth, carries out professional cleaning, treatment if necessary periodontal.
3) The state of bite is assessed and, if necessary, orthodontic treatment is offered.
4) The bone tissue is prepared in case of its loss in connection with the removal or prolonged absence of the tooth. Preparation on the upper jaw in the form of sinus-lifting of the maxillary sinuses in case of a decrease or insufficient height for implant installation. Bone blocks are also used to increase bone width, when necessary.
Then comes the moment of implantation.
During the operation, the doctor cuts the gum above the site and, using special tools, fixes the implant into the bone tissue. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. Next, a special gum shaper is installed and the patient is released for a certain time (usually 3-4 months) in order to implant the implant. Chewing and good oral hygiene contribute to a timely engrafting process. The next step is directly restoration of the crown of the tooth. These procedures are conducted by an orthopedic dentist.
1) An abutment is installed - a transitional part that connects the implant (replacing root) and a new artificial crown of the tooth.
2) The crown of the tooth is made.
Advantages of implantation of teeth before prosthetics:
there is no treatment of neighboring teeth.
it is possible to replace the terminal defects-the missing teeth at the end of the dentition.
Implant can be a good support for prostheses with a full or large loss of teeth.
replacement of the roots of teeth with implants does not require its replacement afterwards.
Thus, implantation is a modern kind of denture for the purpose of improving both physical and moral health of a person.